Katagiri -Adamcik, Riki
Dojo Cho Sensei
Head of the Dojo and Chief Instructor
Martial Arts education and experience include:
Kodokan Judo, Kito Ryu Jujutsu, Ryukyu Kempo Toudi (Karate), Muso Shindo Ryu Jojutsu, Kendo, Tegumi (Okinawan Sumo) and Sumo. Riki sensei’s experience spans over 50 years of study, practice, competition and teaching.
Began Judo in 1964 at the United States Army Ryukyu Islands Youth Activities Judo Dojo on Okinawa. The teacher; Mr. Tsuruo Fukushima. Fukushima sensei developed many junior, high school, collegiate and national champions as well as an Olympic silver medalist. I am honored and proud to have been one of his students.
|Fukushima sensei and the Kubasaki High School (the only American High School on Okinawa) Judo Team|
Attended University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ and Jochi Daigaku in Tokyo for academic studies. Entered Waseda Daigaku (Sodai) for competitive Judo in Tokyo, Japan
- Achieved high rank of Shichidan in Kodokan Judo and high recognition by teachers in martial arts where belt ranks were not awarded
- Competed for 25 years at the local, national and international levels and received numerous achievement awards
- Studied and practiced with many great Judo teachers and world class competitors in Japan, Korea, England, Italy, Germany and France
- Judo practitioners will recognize names: Kotani, Judan; Daigo, Judan; Ito, Judan; Olympic Gold Medalists from Japan: Inokuma, Okano, Kaminaga and Nakatani. These are just a few of the great Judoka Riki sensei has studied and practiced with.
- Studied and practiced reality based self defense (Goshinjutsu) at Tokyo Police Academy and the Tokyo Riot Police Academy
- Fluent in the Kodokan Judo Kata (prearranged forms)
- Studied and practiced Judo at the Kodokan International School of Judo – Tokyo, Japan; Korean Yudo College – Seoul, Korea; Seikijuku ( Private Judo School of Isao Okano 1964 Olympic Gold Medalist) – Chiba, Japan; Meiji Daigaku (University) – Tokyo, Japan; Budokwai – London, England; Centro Sportivo Maddaloni Judo – Naples, Italy; Dai Nippon Butoku Kai Hombu – Kyoto, Japan
- Please stop by to interview Riki sensei to gain more insight into his qualifications and teaching methods